River adventure and high speed adrenaline glide over trees canopy
Day 1.- Reception at the international airport and transfer to our office in Puerto Maldonado, then walk two blocks to a private dock where you will receive a brief explanation of the trip and essential tips before you begin.
You will embark on a 40-minute motorboat trip down the Madre de Dios River.
Short hike 30 meters high, footpath of the bridge at dawn is impressive.
The adventure circuit is reached by climbing a system of towers and stairs that ascend to the tops of the trees and a platform 30 meters above the surface of the forest.
You will feel the air flow in your face as you cross the suspension bridge, which leads to a platform wrapped around the huge trunk of a tree, one of the thickest and strongest trees found in the rainforest.
Orchids and other aerial plants that grow between tall branches are usually seen closely as the nests of many birds.
We return by the bridge of the canopy and climb to the high platform that marks the beginning of the zipline cable, almost 200 m long, that we fly through the air flow like eagles towards a platform.
The views are exceptional only harmonized by the enjoyment of overcoming our fears and the adrenaline that flows through us.
The footbridge of 200 m long, which hangs on the ground, leaves this system; an act of balance takes us to the platform at the beginning of the second zip line, flies back to the tower that goes down to the forest floor.
After lunch, we go to the river to practice kayaking, well protected with high quality life vests, and followed by a motorboat that guarantees greater security; This activity is quiet and accessible to everyone.
Going down the river, or against the flow of the river, we can easily see the countless birds that inhabit this area, which would otherwise be inaccessible from the river bank to the island of the monkeys.
These monkeys are used to having contact with human beings and will have the opportunity to go through the treetops, lowering the trunks of the large trees that are part of their home to accept the food of visitors. Several diverse species live in harmony due to their habitat on an island.
Before dinner, we will make a night walk through the lodge to appreciate the diversity of insects, amphibians, reptiles and other nocturnal animals. then night in the jungle lodge
Hike and Canoe rowing on Sandoval Lake
Day 2.- Before breakfast early, we will make a short boat trip to the entrance of Lake Sandoval, then we will check in at the control point, taking a 3-kilometer (2-mile) walk to Lake Sandoval.
After a pleasant interpretive walk in the nature reserve, the wildlife guides (Hoatzin, puma heron, eagles, howler monkeys, black capuchins and black alligators).
In our canoe ride, it is possible to observe in the giant otter family of the river (which is in danger of extinction) and in the largest caiman, with more than 4 meters long, return to the lodge to enjoy a typical lunch.
After lunch, there are some hours to rest or use the pool, before nightfall we will do a night walk around the ecolodge to see nocturnal creatures.
With the security of the case and using flashlights to find diversity of insects and with some luck some snakes, then we will return to the ecolodge for our dinner and rest.
Drop off to airport or bus station
Depending on the time of your flight we will go to the hotel to pick you up and transfer you to the airport or bus station (breakfast at the hotel is not included)
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for a 3 days jungle tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- 1 Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- 1 pair or water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 2 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 1 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 3 short sleeve shirts
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.