(morning): Motor boat and hiking to Sandoval Lake
We start the tour embarking at the dock of Puerto Maldonado around the river Madre de Dios and right after leaving port sail direct through the confluence of 2 big rivers of the Amazon, the Madre de Dios and the Tambopata River; the fascinating view of the assembly of these two rivers opens us to feel a greater connection with our mother earth. The trip of an hour downriver to the entry to the National Reserve of Tambopata is full of intense wildlife. After a brief walk and passing the access point to the protected section of the Reserve, we enter the jungle and follow the 5km walk to the Sandoval Lake. After arriving at Sandoval lake we can easily bath in the warm waters, crowded with piranhas, electrical eels, black color caimans and sweet-water manta rays, and it’s guaranteed to be a really pleasant bath due to the increased temperature of the water.
Breakfast and drop off to airport or bus station
Breakfast included from 7 to 9 am, Today you can rest and visit Puerto Maldonado city buy handycrafts time at leisure; Depending on the time of your flight deprture we will transfer you to the airport or bus station (breakfast at the hostel is included)
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for a 2 days Amazon jungle tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- 1 Backpack rain cove
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1/2 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 2 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 1 short
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 1 short sleeve shirts
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.